This week, I made White Chili with Chicken, as well as some cornbread from scratch. I found the recipes on a wonderful blog. The links are below.
Some crucial tips for chili, though:
- Do not put two cans of beans AND two cans of corn unless you like your chili veggie heavy. I do, so it worked out. I used both red kidney beans and black beans, and it was a delicious mix
- If you only want a little tang, and not a huge kick in the face with spicy, dice instead of mince our jalapeño/chili. Then, take your jalapeño/chili pieces out when you take your chicken out. It will give it just the right amount of kick (for wimps like me, that is).
And crucial tips for cornbread:
- Let the cornbread be a little underbaked (NOT A LOT) so as to keep it moist
- Consider adding a can of corn to the recipe so as to have corn inside each muffin
- Have butter ready to make it a perfect side dish